The University of Bolton is announcing a new three-year partnership with Decathlon, through the leading European sports retailer’s Bolton store.
There will be an official launch event in the SLZ from 12noon – 2pm on Monday 30 November 2015.
The agreement will see Decathlon Bolton create a partnership with the University of Bolton and Bolton Students’ Union, exclusively supplying students and their sports clubs with discounted sports apparel requirements.
This will be achieved through University of Bolton Sport, a new brand name for the University and Student Union sport and active wellbeing services. Bolton Sport aims to:
- encourage and support more students to take on and keep a sporting habit for life
- increase graduates’ employability prospects through initiatives such as volunteering with Bolton Sport and Physical Activity Alliance (BOSPPA) in delivering sport and physical activity opportunities to disadvantaged community groups
- be part of the initiative that strengthens the Bolton student experience, developing graduate employability skills through the Bolton Award
- promote corporate social responsibility by exemplifying the ‘town and gown’ working partnership, focusing on sport and it associated benefits
- build the relationship between students’ sports participation and academic school-based educational performance
- develop sport volunteering and business enterprise in lifelong learning.
To find out more, attend the launch event on Monday which includes Decathlon Bolton in store events and special promotion for staff from 5pm – 7pm.
School of Sport and Biomedical Sciences