From Tuesday 1st August 2017 the Document Viewer (GradeMark) component of Turnitin will be replaced with a new tool called Feedback Studio.
While the process of accessing Turnitin, setting up assignments and submitting work will not change, there are major improvements in the way you can provide feedback and view originality reports.
What has changed?
- The new name: Turnitin Feedback Studio.
- The layout. Feedback Studio provides an updated user interface and some new features.
- A new layer menu will allow easy access to all the Grademark and Originality report functionality.
- All functionality will be available directly from the layer menu which allows a more integrated approach to providing feedback.
- It is now possible to layer both feedback and originality information on the assignment at the same time.
- The interface is fully responsive for those using different devices.
- Bold, italics, underline and web links can now be added to feedback comments.
- Comments are saved automatically when you click away from the comment box.
- The Originality percentage is clearly featured as part of the layer menu.
- Rubrics are easier to use and have a modern look and feel.
What remains the same?
- Setting up Turnitin assignments through Moodle.
- Editing existing Turnitin assignment settings.
- The Turnitin assignment inbox within Moodle.
- Student submission procedure.
- Student/staff access to similarity scores, grades and feedback via Moodle.
Please note: ETS e-rater and Peer Mark services are not available for University of Bolton users.
Learn more about Feedback Studio
Try out the new features of Feedback Studio: http://turnitin.com/assets/en_us/media/feedback-studio-demo/
For further information, support and guidance on Feedback Studio please contact: