Dr TrishDr Trish Houghton, enrolled as a nurse in 1988, has won a Women in Education Award and the overall award “North West Woman of the Year”.

She has contributed significantly to her nursing career, writing, developing and implementing a new model of nursing education in the form of a BSc in Nursing. This programme has been featured in numerous nursing and education journals.

Trish was nominated by a lecturer in Nursing because she does not realise what a difference she has made.

“I was very surprised and shocked to not only be nominated (by my work colleague) but also to be shortlisted in the first place. Never did I imagine, I would win the Women in Education Award and I was in total disbelief that I won the North West Women of the Year Award.

“I am humbled and utterly grateful for the recognition of the work that I have done in relation to nursing education and the impact that this has had across Greater Manchester, Lancashire and soon to be in other geographical areas in England. I have been able to achieve this due to the continued support of the University of Bolton, our practice learning partners but most importantly, I am truly thankful to Dr Jane Howarth.”

Read more online at Inspire Awards.