Second year Business Management student Yameng Liang boosts her employability skills after achieving the Bolton Award last year. As part of this employability and enterprise programme, Yameng volunteered as a Careers Ambassador for the University of Bolton, supporting the Careers Service in events, such as the Careers Fair, attending focus groups and surveying graduates for DLHE. She also attended additional enrichment workshops with Deloitte and as Vice President of the Chinese Students and Scholars Association Society, planned and directed the Chinese New Year celebration at the University of Bolton.

Yameng says, “During my participation in the Bolton Award, I have received many job opportunities and volunteer opportunities. I learned a lot about communication skills and how to lead my team, further improve my cooperation skills, and also how to communicate and coordinate with other departments. Through employability skills workshops, I learned how to put together an effective CV, write application forms and develop my interview skills.”

Since completing the Bolton Award, Yameng secured a part time job working as a tour guide in Manchester and continues to volunteer as a Careers Ambassador and society leader. We wish her the best of luck in her studies and future career!