The University of Bolton’s Careers and Employability staff is sad to see Andrea Riley leave, but, we wish her all the best in her retirement.

This is what she had to say about her time at UoB:

Andrea Riley Careers and Employability

“After 31 and half years at UoB it is time for me to go.

I am retiring a little early to spend time with my husband who has not enjoyed the best of health the past four years. I would like to say a huge thank you to Julie Bateman my Head of Service, Bill Webster and my colleagues for their support during his recovery from a quadruple by-pass.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here, of course when I started it was BIHE, the saying ‘what goes around comes around’ has happened on more than one occasion but considering the time span.

The Careers and Employability Service has flourished under Julie Bateman and her team and I am proud to have been a part of that.

My manager and colleagues are the best of the best and I will miss them enormously.

For anyone who knows me, I wish you, ‘all you would wish for yourself’ and hope that working here has been as enjoyable for you as it has been for me.”