Dear colleagues, if you require any software* for use in teaching rooms next academic year (2018/19), please submit your request by Friday 15th June.
This includes all current, upgrades and new titles. Please request again even if you have requested in past years.
The process for software requests is:
Any software that needs to be bought must be approved by your Head of School, who may need to purchase the licences.
Once purchased, you need to send the installation media (CDs, download links, etc.) to Antony Nikrooz in IS&T.
- Software not purchased and received by 13 July risks not being available for teaching in September.
- Some schools (like CT) have designated a person to coordinate software purchases and requests. Please work through them where appropriate.
Once purchased and received
- Use the online form at software.bolton.ac.uk. (On-campus; click on the ‘Request’ button)
- The deployment takes about a month to prepare after receipt of the installation media.
- Following the initial installation, you may be asked to test the software before it is installed more widely.
Last year, 10 pieces of software were requested in September to December. It takes longer to deploy software once teaching starts and the summer refresh has finished.
Thank you for your co-operation with this process.
Software Deployment Team
* The following software will be included on all student PCs:
- Microsoft Office 2016
- Adobe CC (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Lightroom)
- Autodesk Autocad 2019; Autocad Architecture; Revit 2019; Inventor 2019
- Chrome browser
- SPSS 25