This week, Media, Writing and Production student, Kathryn Berry, received the prestigious award from the Royal Television Society (RTS) North West for her insightful factual film, Fallen Angels.

The RTS North West presents awards to six different categories, including Factual, recognising the best audio-visual work created by students at undergraduate and postgraduate level.

Kathryn’s film, Fallen Angels provides sensitive insight into a group of individuals overcoming extreme adversity; recovering from an addiction and turning to the world of dance with the Fallen Angels Dance Theatre to battle their demons and find new meaning in their lives. Commenting on her achievement, Kathryn said; “I had it in my head not to get my hopes up as Fallen Angels was in a strong category, shortlisted alongside another University of Bolton film. But it felt very rewarding for myself and my team, who all worked hard on the project”.

Sam Johnson, Head of Bolton School of the Arts remarked, “this is a great achievement and all credit needs to go to Kathryn and the team of students and staff that have supported her creative journey. The 2018 award builds upon previous successes in the Factual Film category as Bolton graduate Robbie Nash also won top prize for his third-year documentary – ‘See What I See, Hear What I Hear’ in 2017. This is an area of real strength within our Media provision”.