12:30 – 2:00 on Friday 19th January in Room D2-20

Facilitated by Dr Brian Williamson

Would you like to create your very own:-

‘LIVING EDUCATIONAL THEORY FROM QUESTIONS OF THE KIND, ‘HOW DO I IMPROVE MY PRACTICE?’*

The aim of the forums would be to introduce Living Educational Theory as a research methodology and to explore its potential for the group though open living discussion, living journal club, virtual visits to the Educational Journal of Living Theories website (https://ejolts.net/ ), discussions on the open review process, living doctorial theses and inviting external guests.

Very stimulating. Helped me to understand that there are cases in education where first the theory is developed and then it is put into practice

Lecturer, School of Engineering

Eye-opening! Confusing! Informative!

PhD student, School of Education and Psychology

• Living educational theories are diverse and interesting, for example, they are:
  • Who am I Who Teaches?
  • Thinking, Fast and Slow
  • Supporting collaboration in my Work Place through the Use of Moodle
  • A Journey in Learning; my Reflective Account
  • Our Understanding of Mutuality When Reflecting on our Values and Experience of Caring
  • A Five-Cycle Living Visual Taxonomy of Learning Interactions

*Jack Whitehead (1989), CREATING A LIVING EDUCATIONAL THEORY FROM QUESTIONS OF THE KIND, ‘HOW DO I IMPROVE MY PRACTICE? Cambridge Journal of Education, Vol. 19, No.1, 1989, pp. 41-52