Jason Kenny MedalsLast week we reported on Bolton cycling sensation, Jason Kenny OBE’s amazing success in Rio.

As you’ll know, six-time Olympic Gold Medal winner Jason is a University of Bolton honorary doctorate recipient and now he’s back home, he’s found the time to send a message to our new and current students.

‘I’m just back from Rio both exhilarated and exhausted, but I’d quickly like to take a moment to congratulate all those who have just won places at the University of Bolton and to say good luck to those still hoping to land a place.

‘As you probably know, I’m a Boltonian born and bred and was immensely proud when my home town University awarded me an honorary doctorate. It was a very special day for me receiving it from the Chancellor and it’s an honour I will always cherish.

‘I’m impressed with everything that’s taking place on the campus particularly all the amazing new buildings that have sprung up recently and would like to wish all those starting courses in September the very best of luck, I’m sure you’ll have a brilliant time there – and remember real dedication and hard work always pays off in the end just as it has for me and the rest of the cycling team in Rio.

‘Might see you around on the campus!’

Jason.